Since Leah began speaking in sentences she has always been fairly easy to understand. Not just for us, but for everyone she talks to. She never had too many funny speech sounds and though she took a while to start spurting out sentences, when she did it was clear as could be! There are a few words she still says incorrectly and premember for remember is one of them. I hope she holds on to this for awhile..it reminds us that she is 4 and someday we'll premember this cute word in her speech.
Evan's speech has been a different story. He started spilling out sentences at a very young age and has had a huge vocabulary since before he was two. The doctor was shocked at his two year old well check at how chatty he was about this and that and everything else. Unlike his sister however, Evan is often hard to understand. We fail to remember this from time to time since we have often learned how to speak Evan. If Matt and I can't understand him...Leah usually can. "He wants the blue bowl, " she once yelled at me as I asked him to repeat himself for the 10th time trying to figure out what he wanted. Our favorite Ev sound is the T..for C..He loves tookies, tows, and things have been tool lately. The nanny told me proudly that she worked on the /k/ sound with Evan and that he could clearly say words that start with C if you ask him to slow down and try this. I think I looked like I wanted to cry when she said this..don't mess with my tute little guy..I like his speech and know I'll miss it someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment