Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Stories of Comedy and Caring

Story 1: Comedy
Conversation between Ang and Leah.
Leah, "Hey Mommy I have a baby in my tummy". 
Ang, "Oh really"
Leah, "When it is born it needs to be baptised".  "You can be Pastor Lois"

Story 2: Caring
A couple of days ago Evan developed a weezing, along with a new ear infection.  We have to give him a nebulizer treatment every 4 waking hours.  Ang was out so I turned Curious George on for Leah and started giving Ev his neb treatment.  A little back story, Evan has been on neb treatments on and off over the last 6 months.  To put it bluntly, he hates them with a passion.

So tonight was no different.  I got him in his PJs and sat down on my lap and started up the neb.  He started screaming and crying.  I tried singing Ants go Marching (usually a fan favorite), reading (Chica, Chica, ABC which is another fan favorite), and trying to be generally louder than him.  Nothing was working.

Out of no where Leah comes running in, jumps, and lands within a foot of the chair and yells, "Hey Ev, its OK."  She then starts dancing some kind of jig and singing Open, Shut Them.  With in seconds he had not only stopped crying he was actually giggling.

She carried on for another 5 minutes until she decided she was done.  She ran up to Ev and kissed him on the head and said "See, its OK bud.  I love you." and ran back to watch what was left of George.

Completely random yet completely incredible that she first stopped watching George.  Ususally I can't get her to acknowledge me while she is watching it.  Secondly incredible because she came to comfort her very sad brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment