Monday, May 21, 2012

Savoring the moment

It dawned on me last night that now that Leah is 3 she is closer to kindergarten than the actual day of her birth.  Not an overly profound thought, I know, but nonetheless bittersweet.

So this morning, when Leah came walking into the living room looking to climb into our bed, I waved her over to me.  To my surprise she actually came to my side of the bed instead of Ang's.  She climbed in and snuggled right in, pulled my arm over her, and fell back to sleep.  There she stayed for the next hour.  She was in her pink/white kitty cat PJs, her hair was all messed up and she was holding her luv and my hand.  It was the high point of the week.  It won't be too much longer until she won't want to cuddle, let alone be in the same room. :) I savored the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment